Friday 10 December 2010

Progress

Hurrah!  At last my website is sorted and online http://www.jarekadams.com/

You can read two short stories that I've had published in Debut magazine, along with the opening of my novel Bitter Roots.  That's the one that's been highly praised, but not found a home with an agent yet.  I've also put the opening sequence of the novel I'm currently writing on there.  It's an urban fantasy called Brighton Sucks.  Feedback on any of my work is always gratefully accepted.

I've sent off my submission to Mills & Boon, but what they'll make of it I'll just have to wait and see.  You can follow the link on my website and read the first chapter of The Christmas Windows on their website, although I did make a few changes to it before sending it in with chapters 2 & 3 following the feedback I got from readers on the site.

On top of that I've applied to the Arvon foundation for a mentoring scheme that would run for a year and would include two weeks at their amazing centres with nothing to do but write and talk about writing.  I was only able to go on one of their courses this year with an Arvon 42 grant, but it would be really good to have a mentor for a year, and to spend some more time intensively focusing on my writing. 

OK, now all that's done I might actually have some time to get some writing done.

2 comments:

  1. Just read the first chapter of 'Bitter Roots' and I loved it! Definitely want to read more.
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jarek
    Just read the first chapter of 'Brighton Sucks' and really want to read more. Love the dark humour and the set up, and the hook to carry on reading after the first chapter.Would definitely buy it if it was on Amazon as an e read.

    ReplyDelete