Friday, 11 February 2011

A satisfyingly successful experiment

OK so it's now the middle of February and not the middle of January, but my experiment was a pretty ambitious one.  I did write my play, and I'm really happy with it.  It feels really good to have a completed project under my belt.

So what now?  

Well, I found that writing just dialogue helped to clear my brain, and allowed me to develop a story really quickly.  It also gave me a set of really interesting characters, and I now realise that what I've got is a story that I could develop into another novel.  

So now I've got four novels on the go!

Bitter Roots has just been sent back from the RNA with the comment that is would be publishable as a third novel, but not a first.  I'm still trying to work that one out.  Aaargh!  But some suggestions for revisions that I'll have to mull over.  

No news from M&B, but I'm taking that as a good sign - it helps to be positive.

So it's back to Brighton Sucks.  My goal is to get that finished by the summer.  Wish me luck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment